The IPL Governing Council meeting has started at 5 o’clock this Sunday evening through a virtual conference. Mr. Surender Khanna, Jay Shah (secretory of BCCI), IPL governing council chairman Mr. Brijesh Patel, and his members along with board president Sourav Ganguly will be part of this meeting. The meeting will be for 2 days. On Sunday it will the internal meeting of the IPL Governing Council and tomorrow (Monday) Governing Council will convey with the franchise and broadcaster the outcome of this meeting.
9 Key Agendas to be discussed
- Vivois a Chinese sponsor which has invested Rs 440 crores for a period of 5 years is the title sponsor of IPL. The further continuation of the Vivo sponsor will be discussed. However, it won’t be a huge issue if they allow Vivo to be the title sponsor given that the lump sum amount they had invested in IPL.
- The starts and end dates of IPL are tentative. There is a possibility that the dates will be pushed before or ahead based on the ease of broadcasters.
- The SOP’s which were taken from England and Wales Cricket Board comprising 240 pages needs to be broken down into points. Each and every SOP will be to the point and self-explanatory.
- The decision giving the responsibilities of maintaining a biosecure bubble to the BCCI or particular franchisee will be discussed. The protocols and days per test will also be discussed.
- Allowance of families to the UAE. The safety of players in bringing the families and the merits of allowing families will be decided.
- Allowance of crowds in UAE( at least 30-50%). Emirates Cricket Board will ask the UAE government and convey it to BCCI.
- The foreign players arriving late to UAE. In that case, the IPL franchises will ask extra domestic players to travel alongside with them.
- The time of start of play will be decided. Usually, the match starts at 8 PM and goes on till 11:30-11:45 and sometimes 12 AM. The broadcasters want the match to start half an hour prior because the advertisement rate falls to zero after 11 PM.
- The full schedule of IPL is to be revealed. The IPL schedule has already been made and it could be revealed in 2-4 days.