The SOPs of the Indian Premier League are out and have been made mandatory for all members (including players, support staff etc..) of IPL to follow. According to latest statement of the BCCI, any member who violates SOP’s will be strictly fined or suspended.
- Teams are asked to travel with ‘minimum’ contingent. Not more than 24 players in every team will travel to UAE.
- Each team must travel with a doctor to monitor the player’s health with regular temperature checks along with COVID-19 test.
- Teams must not travel on or before 20th August as it will be hard on players to travel one month prior to the tournament in such tough weather conditions of UAE. The players will be exhausted when the tournament starts.
- All eight teams to stay in will stay in eight different hotels.
- Hotel bookings are exclusively for squads hence no outsiders will be allowed.
- If not possible, teams can stay in a separate wing with entrance and exit exclusively for players.
Families of Players
- Families can travel with the players and they have to stay inside the bio bubble.
- Nobody can go in and out of the tournament during the entire tournament.
- It is upto the franchise and players to allow families to travel with them or not.
Pre Departure Tests
- All team members will undergo 2 tests before leaving for UAE
- Validity of the 2nd test is at least 4 days.
- Team members can fly to UAE if they test negative in both the tests.
- If a player tests positive then he has to stay in quarantine for 2 weeks and again prove 2 tests negative.
IPL Testing Protocol
- Every squad member has to undergo mandatory 7-days quarantine in a team hotel.
- Squad members will tested on days 1,3 and 6
- If all results are negative, squad can start training,
- Tests will be done every 5th day from start to end of the tournament.
- Injured players can visit the hospital for scans but have to be careful and restrict themselves from coming in contact of COVID-19 positive people.
- Franchises must ensure that there is minimal interaction with the outsiders during visit.